I think I would like to pick up where I left off in the first blog. We camped around Alberta and BC visiting family and friends, catching up with one another with some family members I had not yet met in person. When we left NZ we were able to sell our home for a profit and this allowed us to have some fun with our kids on a week long holiday in Rarotonga, then spoil ourselves in Hawaii for a week while we grieved somewhat over leaving a land we loved, had many great memories in and of course 3 of our 5 kids (including our 2 newish son in laws) and then promptly got into some serious retail therapy as we purchased a truck and holiday trailer upon repatriation. While in Hawaii we had studied hard in order to pass our drivers exams only to be pleasantly surprised that we didn't need to rewrite or even redrive them. We had accidently kept our BC drivers license all those years and that allowed a continuity of driving history and so we were issued new licenses and I was even given back my class 3 and class 6 permits. Nice!
Our little holiday turned into nearly 5 months of living in our holiday trailer like gypsies moving from one campground to the next, doing day trips, enjoying the sweeping mountain vistas, wide open spaces and rolling grain fields while pounding out over 20,000 kilometers. I will detail some fond memories of these months in coming blogs. But just to finish off this blog I thought I would add a few photos of our times with family and friends during this wonderful adventure of returning home after being away for such a long time. Please enjoy them. I will do my best to keep them in chronological order but who knows...

















Blog on!!
ReplyDeleteThx
Delete